THE CONGREGATION OF THE COMPANIONS OF THE HOLY SAVIOUR
The Congregation of the Companions of the Holy Saviour is a religious order founded in 1891 at The Church of the Evangelists (Episcopal) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Rev'd William McGarvey was the founder, who later left for the Roman Rite. In 1896 a house for members of the Order (S. Saviour's House) was established at S. Elizabeth Church. The initials, CSSS, are formed from the Latin name for the Order, Congregatio Sociorum Sancti Salvatoris. The charism of the Order is Salvatorian. More recent documents of the Order use the "Savior" spelling in the name, but the original is "Saviour".
Vowed members of the Order are called Companions, and must be priests, deacons, or candidates for Holy Orders who commit to vows of poverty, chastity and obedience. Associates, who may be men or women, commit to living a rule of life and to make Ember Day reports. Companions do not live in community. The head of the Order is referred to as the Father Master.
For further information, contact Bishop Barry Yingling at email@example.com.
Background and History of the Order, along with the Constitution and Rules:
Here can be downloaded an application to become an Associate (be sure to first read the material in the previous downloadable document):
For Companions and Associates, here is the Memorial Booklet:
In your prayers for the sick or infirm, please pray for Ted+ and all Companions or Associates who are sick or incapacitated in mind, body or spirit.
Please also pray for the repose of the souls of Richard+ and Samuel.
Annual Chapter for 2019 will be held in York, PA, date to be announced.